Friday, May 28, 2010

Size does matter!

I'm back. Its been a while between posts but I really haven't been coping well with life so I haven't had anything constructive to say. I'm finding it hard to balance the needs of all 3 kids, as well as other things, but I know that its just a matter of getting through each day.

My bonus for today is that we got Matilda's speech processor upgrades. Because she is so small, she was able to get the upgrades funded - the first time that her size has been an advantage. We've hit a few hiccups (missing items and magnets that are WAY too strong) but I still love the possibilities that the N5s bring. They are much smaller, lighter and have better programming, so hopefully that will help in the long run. Here are some pics of the old and new processors, and some of the princess running around the house.


3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the upgrade! They are so much smaller and I look forward to hearing if you see a difference in Matilda's hearing with them. I know how you feel about juggling three kids! Aiden's my youngest and poor little fellow has to be toted around enough for appts, but then throw in going to all his siblings activities, the kid practically lives in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great news on the upgrade!! I've been behind on my posts too and am going to update shortly. Sienna is small too for her age she is now 23 lbs and turning 3 in August. Who funded the upgrade, I'm wondering if this is something I should look into??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, we're in Australia, so unless you want to immigrate, I don't think it will work for you :). Sorry.

    I'm not sure whether we've really noticed a difference since we got the new processors, but I can hear a difference when I'm checking the microphones. The N5s sound much clearer to me - something that I wasn't expecting to hear.

    ReplyDelete