Thursday, September 24, 2009

A little more stress-free

The babyworn cables have been bugging me, probably more this week because I'm so tired. So when I saw this post about using a headband, I got inspired. I tried velcro dots, but they wouldn't stick, so I just used two layers of elasticised lace and slipped the CIs between them. It works SO well. Also note in the photo below that my 7 month old is reading a book (albeit upside down).


Thanks Lily's Mum - our audiologist loved it too. I figure that when Matilda is moving around more I'll attach a bilateral clip (like an Oliver clip) just in case it falls out (which would be unlikely).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Naomi,
    Thanks for your comment on my blog ... I had to say I chuckled picturing it. What an idea though! Your sweet girl is SO precious and seems to be all smiles! Being bilaterally implanted at 6 1/2 months is amazing!!!! Welcome to the world of sound Matilda! Looking forward to following your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome that Matilda was implanted so young. I'm glad I could help with an idea for wearing the CIs. Our audiologist actually suggested it while we were waiting to get headbands that another mom makes special for holding CIs on babies' heads. When we got the headbands they were too big so we are still using the velcro dots. If you want to check out the other headbands the website is www.gabbygear.blogspot.com. One other thought, maybe the lace is too flimsy to hold the weight of the CIs with the velcro dots? I tried it with a waffle weave headband and it didn't work as well. The headband we've been using is a Carter's newborn that someone gave us at a baby shower. It seems much sturdier than other headbands she's worn. This is the one that works best. Just a thought. It looks like the double headband to make a pocket is working well too. I would just worry about it slipping out as she gets moving. Good luck! Look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete